Advising Assistants and International Student Advisors are experts in immigration policies. They are available to help you in person, by phone, or via email. They can review your documents and offer options to consider.
Important: Make the most of your time with an advisor by bringing your completed application forms, supporting documents and a list of questions you have prepared in advance.
Mondays to Fridays from 9:30am to 4:00 pm at International Student Advising in the UBC Life Building. General information is available from Advising Assistants. Check the virtual line for updated daily wait times.
Before dropping by:
- Review all six steps of the tutorial on TRV application from within Canada and note where you got stuck
- Gather your completed forms and supporting documents and bring these along with your questions
Phone International Student Advising at 604-822-5021 and we will set up a phone advising appointment.
Before sending an email, check that you have reviewed all six steps of the tutorial on TRV application from within Canada:
If you still have questions, send an email to email@example.com and include:
- Your student number in the email subject line
- Your name
- Your citizenship(s)
- All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
- If you are currently in Canada (YES or NO)
- Which step in the tutorial you are stuck on
- Copies of applicable documents, such as a rejection letter, that relates to your specific question(s)
Please note the information on this page may change.
The immigration information on this page has been reviewed and endorsed by Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) in compliance with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. However, this is not a legal document and information may change without notice. Always refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for the most up-to-date information.