International Student Advising

If you have questions about life as an international student, International Student Advising is here to help.

What International Student Advising can help with

International Student Advisors are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) who can help support you in your experience as a UBC international student.

Top reasons to contact International Student Advising

International Student Guide

Find answers to your questions on studying and working in Canada, health insurance, as well as step-by-step tutorials to prepare your immigration application and more.

View the guide

Application Review Sessions

Review your study permit extension, temporary resident visa, or post-graduation work permit application with an International Student Advisor in a small group setting in person or online through a webinar before applying. Sessions are offered multiple times each week.

Register online

What International Student Advising cannot help with

Get immigration reminders

Add your document expiry dates to the confidential  UBC Reminder System and receive notifications for when you need to extend your documents. You can also get helpful tips on how to prepare your application. 

Hear about jobs, news, and events

Contact us

Submit a question

Leave a message for an International Student Advisor to get advice.

Start the form

Drop in to advising

International Student Advising is available for advising in person as well as through Zoom.

In-person service

  • Monday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
  • Tuesday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
  • Wednesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
  • Thursday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
  • Friday: 9:30 am - 4:00 pm

Zoom advising

Drop in to the Zoom advising session weekday mornings. Find step-by-step instructions on how to use Zoom.

  • Monday: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
  • Tuesday: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
  • Wednesday: 10:00 am - 11:30 am
  • Thursday: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
  • Friday: 9:30 am - 11:30 am

Email us

For non-immigration inquiries, please email and include your student number in the subject line.

For issues related study permit, work permits, visas, eTA, work policies, or immigration policies, email, making sure to include all of the following information:

  • Your student number in the subject line
  • Your name
  • Your citizenship(s)
  • All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
  • Currently in Canada (Yes or No)

If you request specific assistance, please provide detailed information including applicable documents such as a rejection letter.