Informational interviews are a common and effective networking strategy. By reaching out and talking to people who do work that you're curious about, you can:
- Learn more about career options you’re interested in,
- Get information specific to you,
- Fast-track the answers to some of your career questions,
- Open the door to opportunities like internships, volunteer roles, summer jobs, part-time work, contracts or paid work experience, and
- Follow up on research from books, articles, courses, etc.