All students who are writing exams outside of the Vancouver campus have to apply to write their exams. A separate application is required for each exam.
You can write your exam at a Partner Exam Centre or arrange for an exam at another location, which will require that you arrange an invigilator.
Exam application fee
- The exam application fee (called the Distance Education Exam Fee) applies to all students writing off-campus exams
- The fee is $52 per application
- If you cancel your exam, you can get a refund if you notify Enrolment Services at least 4 weeks before the formal (on-campus) exam period starts and if the exam hasn't been couriered to the partner exam centre of invigilator
Off-campus exam timelines
Off-campus exams are scheduled about 2-3 weeks after the on-campus exam schedule is released. During this 2-3 week period, you can disregard the the SSC's status that shows that you are writing on-campus exams.
- Once your exam is scheduled, you will be sent an email with the location and time.
- Off-campus exams not being held at a UBC partner exam centre will be scheduled once the schedule that you submit is approved.
You'll also be able to see your schedule on the SSC Exam Application screen by selecting View details/Make payment beside each exam listed.