You can pay your UBC tuition and fees from a foreign bank account with non-Canadian currency using International Funds Transfer (IFT). However, you cannot pay your registration deposits using this method.
International Funds Transfers are processed by Convera, previously known as Western Union Business Solutions. Transactions are secure and efficient, and offer the following benefits:
- Competitive exchange rates
- No transaction fees from Convera
- Locked-in exchange rate for 72 hours, removing much of the uncertainty around the total payment amount
- You do not need a Canadian bank account
See the list of accepted currencies (pdf) from Convera. If your local currency is not available, select an alternative currency or CAD option.
Convera price match
If you find a better quote to send a payment to UBC from your bank than the one provided by GlobalPay for Students, Convera will match the total price you have been offered, subject to terms and conditions (pdf).
To take advantage of the offer, complete the online form and wait for further details on how to upload your documentation.
Making a payment
You can use International Funds Transfer to pay your tuition and student, residence, and meal plan fees using your own currency from a foreign bank account.
Step 1: Initiate your payment quote online
- Log into your Student Service Centre (SSC).
- Select "Pay Fees" under Finances.
- Choose the fees you would like to pay.
- Select "International Funds Transfer" to access the GlobalPay student platform.
- Confirm the items you wish to pay.
Do not use the payment reference number from a previous transaction for a new payment. You must repeat step 1 to generate a new payment quote for each payment.
Step 2: Complete the online form
- A pre-populated form will open in a new window.
- Select the country which you will be sending your payment to.
- Select the fee item(s) you wish to pay.
- Select your payment currency.
- Fill out the payment details and bank details.
- You will receive a payment reference number that will lock in your quoted exchange rate for 72 hours.
The "Student Number" field will be automatically filled with a Convera payment reference number. This is not a field for your UBC student number.
Step 3: Bank transfer
- Print the payment instructions and contact your bank or financial institution online, by phone, or in person.
- Start the payment.
- Your local bank will transfer funds to Convera, who will then send the funds to UBC.
What happens after?
Once your payment is finalized, your student account will be updated after a minimum of 3 business days.
If your account is not updated after a week, contact Convera at email@example.com or toll-free by phone at 1 877 218 8829.