Requesting transfer credit


If you took courses outside of UBC or you are transferring to UBC from another institution, you may be able to request transfer credits for your previous coursework.

You'll need to submit your transcript to UBC to process any transfer credit.

Students applying to UBC

If you’re planning on applying to UBC, you will be asked during your application to submit your official transcripts. You will then be assigned any transfer credit after you’ve been admitted to UBC and you accept the admission offer.

Current students

If you are a student in the Faculty of Arts or Faculty of Science and would like to request a re-evaluation of any of your General Credits, please send detailed course outlines to your Enrolment Services Advisor (ESA).

Please note that course re-evaluations may take 4 to 6 weeks or longer, so please plan your course registrations accordingly.

For students in faculties other than Arts or Science, please contact an Academic Advisor in your faculty.

Opportunities to study elsewhere

If you’re a current UBC student and you’d like to take a course at another institution, you can apply to the Go Global program for exchange opportunities or take courses at UBC Okanagan.

You will need a Letter of Permission from your faculty to study at another institution.

Former UBC Okanagan Students

If you’re currently a UBC Vancouver student who was admitted from UBC Okanagan, your UBC Okanagan courses will remain as part of your UBC records.

You can find out how your UBC Okanagan course translates to a UBC Vancouver course with the UBC Equivalency Search Tool.

Non-degree students

Summer courses

If you completed courses in the summer after you accepted your UBC admission offer, they may be eligible for transfer credit. Once your final grades for the summer term and summer transcript have been received, those credits will be evaluated in September or October.

Submitting your transcript for transfer credits

To receive transfer credits for college or university coursework, you will need to arrange for your institution to send your final official transcript directly through one of the following methods:

  • Online electronic transcript (preferred)
    Please have the institution submit your transcript online to
  • Official paper transcript
    Request that your paper transcript is mailed to the address below:

1874 East Mall
Undergraduate Admissions Office
UBC Enrolment Services
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1

Transfer credit search tool