In the event of heavy snow or an extreme weather event, visit ubc.ca for details on campus conditions.
How to apply for documents and MSP
- Tutorial: How to apply for an initial study permit
- Tutorial: How to extend your study permit from within Canada
- Tutorial: How to amend your study permit with conditions to work in Canada
- Tutorial: How to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) from within Canada Tutorial
- Tutorial: How to apply for your post-graduation work permit from within Canada
- How to apply for or extend your co-op work permit
- How to apply for a Spouse/Partner Work Permit from within Canada
- How to apply for your BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- How to extend your BC Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- How to apply for an Individual Tax Number (ITN)
Online application review courses
Sign up for the Canvas application review course to go over required documents, learn how to fill out the form, avoid common mistakes, and be ready to submit your application.
- Tips on communicating with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Inviting friends and family to visit
- Find a regulated immigration consultant or lawyer
- Maintained status
- Restoration of status
- Journey to permanent residence for international students (pdf)
- BC Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) presentation (pdf)
- Common permanent residency pathways for international students (pdf)
- US Visa presentation (pdf)
General interest topics
International Student Guide
Find everything you need to know about life as an international student at UBC's Vancouver campus.
If you have questions
International Student Advising is ready to support you on questions related to immigration, health insurance, and life as an international student in Canada.