The 3M National Student Fellowship honours up to 10 full-time diploma and undergraduate students at Canadian post-secondary institutions who have demonstrated outstanding leadership and innovation in their lives and at their college or university. These students embrace a vision of quality education that enhances their academic experience and beyond. Awards are coordinated through the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE).
The award consists of:
- An award of $2,000
- Certificate and recognition at the annual Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) conference in June, to participate in a 3M National Student Fellows Conference Summit
- Coverage of all costs for conference registration, travel, and accommodation to attend the annual STLHE conference
- 2-year membership to the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Letter from STLHE President and 3M Canada to their identified institutional leader and to the individual awarded
- Recognition in STLHE and 3M Canada social media, and partnering media, such as Maclean’s and University Affairs