To be considered for an affiliation bursary, you must meet all the following requirements:
- You must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status.
- You must meet the requirements and apply for the UBC Bursary by the deadline.
- You must be able to demonstrate financial need
- You must be enrolled in a full-time course load
- You must meet the eligibility requirements as outlined in UBC's Regulations Governing University Award
- You must be receiving full-time Canadian government student loans for a study period that is a minimum of 12 consecutive weeks in length and matches the period for which you’re applying for bursary support.
- You must have received confirmation of enrolment for your Canadian government student loan by the bursary deadline.
- You must have an assessed unmet financial need using UBC’s Common Assessment Mechanism, which is based on StudentAid BC policies
Students enrolled in Certificate Programs, Diploma Programs, and other Non-Degree Studies categories (including Unclassified, Visiting, and Access Studies) are not eligible.
Some awards have additional eligibility requirements or are only open to students attending a specific campus or post-secondary institution.
Please review each award description carefully to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria and can obtain the supporting documentation.