Awards for international students

Entrance awards

If you are an international student applying to UBC, there are scholarships, awards, and other financial support available to you.

Find available awards

International Community Achievement Awards

Awards of $5,000 each are available to continuing international undergraduate students who have demonstrated leadership in community service, international engagement, intercultural understanding, promotion of diversity, or intellectual, artistic, or athletic pursuits.

Eligibility requirements

  • You must be a continuing international student on UBC's Vancouver campus
  • You must be studying on a Canadian study permit and be paying international undergraduate tuition and fees
  • You must have been registered for the previous Winter session
  • You must be registered for the current Winter session

How to apply

The 2020 ICAA Vancouver application is now closed. The 2021 application will be available in June 2021.

Trek Excellence Scholarship

Trek Excellence Scholarships are offered every year to students in the top 5% of their undergraduate year, faculty, and school. Rankings are based on students’ top 24 percentage-graded credits, as per Senate Award regulations.

International students can receive an award of $4,000. Awards of $1,000 are also given to international students who are in the top 5 to 10%.

View scholarship details

Recommended awards

Thanks to the generosity of external donors and UBC faculties, the University is able to offer many awards to undergraduate students after their first year of study. These may be awarded in the form of scholarships, prizes, fellowships and other awards.

Individual faculties are responsible for recommending their students for these awards. They base their recommendations on a range of factors, such as academic achievement, leadership, UBC involvement, and participation on varsity athletic teams.

See recommended awards

Tax information

Receiving an award means that you'll be required to submit a T4A form at tax time. 

Make sure your Social Insurance Number (SIN) or your Individual Tax Number (ITN) is updated in your Student Service Centre (SSC) as soon as possible so UBC can process your T4A form. 

If you haven’t yet, apply for your SIN or your ITN as early as you can. Note that applying for the ITN can take up to two months.

International Student Guide

Find everything you need to know about life as an international student at UBC's Vancouver campus.

View the guide

Contact Enrolment Services

Contact International Student Advising

International Student Advising

Talk to an advisor

International Student Advisors are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) who can help.

When emailing us, include the following information in the email:

  1. Your student number in the subject line
  2. Your name
  3. Your citizenship(s)
  4. All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
  5. Currently in Canada (YES or NO)
  6. If you request specific assistance, please provide detailed information including applicable documents, such as a rejection letter
UBC Life Building
1200-6138 Student Union Blvd.
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1


9:30 am - 4:00 pm
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
9:30 am - 4:00 pm