- Application opens: August 16, 2021
- Application closes: September 15, 2021 (11:59 pm PST)
Before you apply
Make sure you know what information and documents you'll need to submit. You'll find detailed instructions on the application form as well but before you apply make sure you:
- Meet all eligibility criteria the for John R. Scarfo Wellness Bursary.
- Demonstrate an assessed unmet financial need based on UBC's Common Assessment Mechanism.
Prepare a Personal Statement (max 500 words) to upload as a Word document or PDF.
- Meet the eligibility requirements and submitting an application to the UBC Bursary Program by September 15, 2021.
Personal Statement (max 500 words)
An important part of this application is being able to communicate your personal commitment to health and wellness to the selection committee.
Your Personal Statement should define what health and wellness means to you and how you strive to lead a healthy lifestyle as it relates to your social, environmental, emotional, physical, or spiritual wellbeing. Your statement can include personal commitments, leadership roles, promotion activities, clubs, academic projects and/or research, sports/active engagement, volunteer and/or work experiences, as well as your goals for the future.
Your statement should articulate how you work towards integrating your belief system in your own life and the lives of others.
Apply for the bursary