- You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You are starting your studies at UBC by September 2019
- You will be living in UBC-managed housing designated for first-year students with a mandatory meal plan for the duration of Winter Session
- You have received full-year Canadian government student loans, confirmed by September 15, 2020
- You must maintain loan eligibility during the 2020 Winter session or during your stay in UBC Housing
- You have received the maximum Canada Student Grant for full-time students
- You have not been awarded the Student Housing Assistance Grant
- You will be enrolled full-time in a degree or eligible program
You are not eligible if you are enrolled in Certificate Programs, Diploma Programs, and other Non-Degree Studies categories, including Unclassified, Visiting, Qualifying, and Access Studies.
If your stay in UBC Housing is less than the duration of Winter Session, you may be ineligible for the grant or eligible for a certain amount. This may affect your student account and result in fees owing.