The UBC Vancouver Technology Bursary is a one-time needs-based bursary. It is intended for students who find themselves in financial distress and cannot meet their basic technology requirements, such as headphones, web cameras, specialized accessibility technology, or Internet access.
UBC Vancouver Technology Bursary
About the bursary
- You must be enrolled and registered in an undergraduate, graduate, or post-baccalaureate degree program at the UBC Vancouver campus.
- You must demonstrate why other publicly available technology resources on the UBC Vancouver campus (e.g., library, computer lab) are insufficient.
- You must demonstrate you have financial need due to unforeseen circumstances, and that you do not have access to any alternative funding to cover the costs requested through this bursary.
- You must outline how the technology is needed for you to engage in and complete UBC coursework.
- You must confirm how you otherwise planned to cover the cost of the item(s) being requested through this bursary.
This funding is not intended for improvements to physical workspaces, such as desks or chairs.
How to apply
Submit a request for the technology bursary online. An Enrolment Services Advisor will follow up with you in 5 to 7 business days to discuss your application and review what resources may be available.
All UBC bursary support is subject to financial review and verification. Please keep all your relevant receipts and documents for 18 months after applying.
If you fail to provide the requested documents in a timely manner, your funding may be delayed, cancelled, or reassessed.
If you have questions
If you're an undergraduate student, please contact your Enrolment Services Advisor directly. To find your advisor’s contact information, log into your Student Service Centre (SSC) and select “UBC Contacts” under Personal Info.