If you are applying to change programs, please consider the following:
- Make sure you meet the application deadline and submit all documents required by your new program. Some degree programs may require a portfolio, supplemental application, or Personal Profile.
- At least 50% of your required credits must be completed under your new program in order to graduate.
- Make sure you research the degree requirements for your intended program of study. Degree program requirements are unique to each program, regardless of campus.
If you are changing campuses
If you are applying to change programs at another campus, please consider the following:
Determine how your previously completed courses can meet registration and degree requirements by talking to an Academic Advisor in the program you wish to attend
UBC courses are eligible for credit towards a UBC degree program on either campus. This means credits from a different campus will not be converted to transfer credit but may have a course equivalency.
- Credits that have an established equivalent between campuses can be used to satisfy course-specific degree requirements.
- Credits that do not have an esablished equivalent can be applied to degree requirements as discipline specific or general elective credit.
Course equivalencies between campuses
To check if a UBC course has an established course equivalency between campuses, please use the UBC Equivalency Search tool.
If a course does not appear on the Equivalency Search page, then it does not have an established equivalency and may be applied towards degree requirements as discipline specific or general elective credit. Please speak to an Academic Advisor to determine how your courses may be applied.