You can apply to change your degree program at the same campus or at another campus, but first, you must meet all of the following:
Changing your degree program or campus
Before you apply
If you are applying to change programs, please consider the following:
- Make sure you meet the application deadline and submit all the documents required by your new program. Some degree programs may require a portfolio, supplemental application, or Personal Profile.
- At least 50% of your required credits must be completed under your new program in order to graduate.
- Research the degree requirements for your intended program of study. Degree program requirements are unique to each program, regardless of campus.
If you are changing campuses
If you are applying to change to a program at another campus, talk to an Academic Advisor in the program you wish to attend and determine how your previously completed courses can meet registration and degree requirements.
Course equivalencies between campuses
UBC courses are eligible for credit towards a UBC degree program on either campus. This means credits from a different campus will not be converted to transfer credit but may have a course equivalency.
- Credits that have an established equivalent between campuses can be used to satisfy course-specific degree requirements.
- Credits that do not have an established equivalent can be applied to degree requirements as discipline-specific or general elective credit.
To check if a UBC course has an established course equivalency between campuses, please use the UBC Equivalency Search tool.
If a course does not appear on the Equivalency Search page, then it does not have an established equivalency and may be applied towards degree requirements as discipline- specific or general elective credit. Please speak to an Academic Advisor to determine how your courses may be applied.
How to apply
Applying to change your degree program doesn't mean giving up your seat in your current program. You do not give up your current spot until you accept your offer to a new program and register in courses.
If you have questions
For information about degree requirements, program planning, or course registration, contact your Academic Advisor:
For questions regarding applying to change programs or financial planning and support, please connect with your Enrolment Services Advisor.