Cross-campus registration allows undergraduate students on the Vancouver campus to take courses at the Okanagan campus generally up to a maximum of 15 credits. Registration and enrolment is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Eligibility for cross-campus registration
The information below applies to undergraduate programs and courses.
To be considered for registration at the Okanagan campus, Vancouver undergraduate students must have:
- Completed a minimum of 24 credits, with grades
- No failed courses in the most recent 24 credits
- A minimum overall average of 68% on their most recent 24 credits
- Satisfied all prerequisites for the course requested
Cross-campus registration does not apply to graduate students, or students switching to an Okanagan degree program.
- Graduate students: Visit the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies website or talk to your program advisor for more information.
- Switching to an Okanagan degree program: To transfer campuses completely, you can apply for a change in campus or faculty through your Student Service Centre (SSC).
How to apply
You will not be able to register for cross-campus courses by yourself. A staff member in Enrolment Services at the Okanagan campus will complete your registration.
Faculties reserve the right to decline a request if the course is in high demand, or if the equivalent course is available at your home campus in either the Summer or Winter Session.
If you are a graduate student, please complete the Authorization and Course Registration Form.
Download and fill out the UBC Vancouver cross-campus request form (pdf).
- Submit the request form to your academic advisor for approval.
- Your academic advisor will then send the form to firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be forwarded to the appropriate faculty at the Okanagan campus for review.
- You will receive an email notifying you if your request has been approved. You will then be registered by an Okanagan staff member, pending space availability.
- You will receive an email with your registration outcome for your requested course(s).
If you are unable to download and submit the form by email, you can print and complete it by hand and bring it to your academic advisor in person.
|Summer Session||April 15|
|Winter Session||August 15|
If you have questions
If you're an undergraduate student, please contact your Enrolment Services Advisor directly. To find your advisor’s contact information, log into your Student Services Centre (SSC) and select “UBC Contacts” under Personal Info.