Cross-campus registration


Cross-campus registration allows undergraduate students on the Vancouver campus to take courses at the Okanagan campus. A maximum of 15 credits can generally be taken as a cross-campus registrant. This is reviewed on a case-by case basis.

Eligibility for cross-campus registration

The information below applies to undergraduate programs and courses. 

To be considered for registration at the Okanagan campus, Vancouver undergraduate students must have:

  • Completed a minimum of 24 credits, with grades
  • No failed courses in the most recent 24 credits
  • A minimum overall average of 68% on their most recent 24 credits
  • Satisfied all prerequisites for the course requested 

Cross-campus registration does not apply to graduate students, or students switching to an Okanagan degree program.

How to apply

You will not be able to register yourself in cross-campus courses. A staff member in Enrolment Services at the Okanagan campus will register you.

Faculties reserve the right to decline a request if the course is in high demand, or if the equivalent course is available at your home campus in either the Summer or Winter Session

Follow the instructions below to start your application:

  1. Download and fill out the UBC Vancouver cross-campus request form (pdf). 
  2. Submit the request form to your academic advisor for approval.
  3. Your academic advisor will send the form to, and it will be forwarded to the appropriate faculty on the Okanagan campus for review.
  4. You will receive an email notifying you if your request has been approved. You will then be registered by an Okanagan staff member, pending space availability.
  5. You will receive an email with the outcome of registration for your requested course(s).

Application deadlines

Submit your completed form by:

  • April 15 for Summer Session
  • August 15 for Winter Session

If you have problems completing the form

If you are unable to save and submit the form by email, you can print and complete it by hand and bring it to your academic advisor in person.