Letter of Permission

About Letter of Permission

In certain circumstances, faculties may grant students the permission to study outside of UBC with a Letter of Permission (LOP).

An LOP must be approved by your faculty before you register at another institution. Without an approved LOP, faculties may not accept transfer credits to be counted towards your UBC degree.

After your study outside of UBC

Once you have completed your course at another institution, you must submit your transcript to UBC. Official transcripts must be sent directly by the issuing institution and received by UBC Undergraduate Admissions either by mail in the original sealed envelope bearing the name and address of the university, or as an official PDF emailed by the issuing institution to final.grades@ubc.ca.

Mailing address:

1874 East Mall
Undergraduate Admissions
UBC Enrolment Services (Attention: Transfer Credit)
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1

Requesting a Letter of Permission

Review how to request a Letter of Permission from your faculty in an undergraduate program:

Professional programs