International Student Guide

Find everything you need to know about life as an international student at UBC's Vancouver campus.


Sign up for the Community Update newsletter

Get important updates about jobs, news and events for international students by signing up with your email. The Community Update goes out to a community of over 4000 international student subscribers.

You can also submit content to be shared through the Community Update blog and newsletter.

International Student Development
  • International House
    1783 West Mall
    VancouverBC Canada V6T 1Z2

Talk to an advisor

International Student Advisors (ISAs) are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) who can help.

Drop-in advising at International House:
Monday 1 pm - 4 pm
Tuesday 1 pm - 4 pm
Wednesday 1 pm - 4 pm
Thursday 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday 1 pm - 4 pm

When emailing us, include your student number in the subject line and the following in the email body:

  • Your name
  • Your citizenship(s)
  • All permit and visa expiration dates  (if applicable)
  • Currently in Canada (YES or NO)