International Student Guide
Find everything you need to know about life as an international student at UBC's Vancouver campus.
- June 12: After experiencing difficulties and slow performance with MyCIC online services, the issue has been resolved
- June 3: New changes of immigration regulations for international students
- April 16: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) updates
- Feb. 6: CIC changes the application fees for study permit, work permit and Temporary Resident Visa
These resources will help you navigate life as an international student at UBC
Get help with your academics
Manage your money
Find diversity and equity resources
Information for your family
Sign up to receive the International Community Update newsletter
Whether you want to receive important updates or are looking to connect with other international students on campus, sign up to the International Community Update to receive all that and more every Friday.
Talk to an advisor
Depending on the nature of your enquiry, we have International Student Advisors (ISAs) and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) who are available to assist you.
Due to Jump Start orientation programming, drop-in advising at International House will be limited on August 12, 13 and 14th.
They are available for drop-in advising, Monday to Friday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm (no appointment necessary).
Email them directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
When emailing us
Please include the following information:
In the subject line
- Your student number
In the email body
- Your name
- Your citizenship(s)
- All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
- Currently in Canada (YES or NO)