International Student Guide
Important information and documents you're responsible for throughout your time at UBC
Get important updates about jobs, news, and events by subscribing to the Community Update newsletter and visiting our blog.
News & Updates
- Download the slides from the
- Mark your calendar: November 9 is the end of the eTA leniency period
- Check your email: If you have applications in progress with the IRCC (formerly "CIC"), please be sure to check your email, as you will get communication and upates about your applications and documents via email.
- Enter your document (study permits, TRV, passport etc.) expiry dates in the SSC to get email reminders for when your documents are about to expire.
Events for international studentsThere are no events at this time.
If you need help with anything related to life as an international student, contact International Student Development
International Student Development
Talk to an advisor
International Student Advisors are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) who can help.
When emailing us, include your student number in the subject line and the following in the email body:
- Your name
- Your citizenship(s)
- All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
- Currently in Canada (YES or NO)