Regular physical activity can improve your physical, mental, emotional, and social health.
The Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines encourage adults aged 18 to 64 to do at least 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous intensity aerobic physical activity per week, in sessions of 10 minutes or more.
It’s also important to work on muscle and bone-strengthening activities that use major muscle groups at least two days per week.
Benefits of moving more
- Enhanced mental health and wellbeing
- Regulated sleep patterns
- Greater creativity and learning
- Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improved mood and self-esteem
- Better concentration, memory, learning, and attention
- Increased engagement and social activities
- Higher productivity levels
- Reduced risk of physical illness