The Global Lounge is a space for student-led global, intercultural, and social justice initiatives, sharing new ideas, making new friends, or finding support for events or initiatives of your own.
Global Lounge network and membership
The Global Lounge has really had a huge impact on the Africaon Africa Awareness Initiative this year. It's provided a physical space for us, our events and has given us the resources to make a lot of our events successful. The Global Lounge has impacted me personally too because it is a place for me to meet people who care about the world and what happens in it. I had the opportunity to learn about world events, making me a better global citizen.
YOYO, AFRICA AWARENESS INITIATIVE
Whether it's finding a venue, reaching a contact, or learning about avenues for funding, the Global Lounge responds to my inquiries with flexibility, openness, and a sincere interest in making things possible
Structure of the Global Lounge Network
Clubs and organizations that comprise the Global Lounge network are separated into committees, each of which are responsible for organizing a particular aspect of Global Lounge programming.
Global Lounge committees
International Development Committee
Plan and execute the annual International Development Week, hosted during the first week of February
Creatively build community and encourage learning and dialogue on critical perspectives on international development
- Work collaboratively with other clubs to plan and host events surrounding sustainability
- Creatively build community and encourage learning and dialogue on sustainable practices or activities
- Work collaboratively with other clubs/organizations to plan and host events surrounding anti-racism
- Creatively build community and encourage learning and dialogue for racial justice
Making a positive impact is often hard to do alone. The Global Lounge offers your organization resources, and an opportunity to collaborate with others through events and initiatives.
Global Lounge Network membership requirements
- Nominate one representative—a Global Lounge Officer—to attend Network meetings and be a part of a Global Lounge Network committee. The Global Lounge Officer must be part of your club’s executive team as this provides a greater opportunity for information transfer.
- Global Lounge Officers and club or organization presidents must complete the Global Lounge Orientation requirements (online orientation modules and committee sessions).
- Collaborate with other members of the network on an event or initiative within your committee.
- Acknowledge Global Lounge membership in any publications or advertising materials.
- Actively provide feedback and assessment to improve Global Lounge programs and operations.
President and Global Lounge Officer responsibilities
Complete the asynchronous and synchronous components to the Global Lounge Orientation by the end of September, meaning you must complete scheduled and non-scheduled components.
The asynchronous online components will be provided in the beginning of September. The synchronous component, the committee sessions, will take place in late September (dates and times will be announced to network members.)
Opportunity to connect with all other members
Find out about Global Lounge – the what, when, where, why and who
Find out about expectations and event calendar for the year
Improve teamwork and leadership skills
Connection to community and a network of like-minded student leaders
Access to the Global Lounge space and booking priority
Access to Global Lounge communications and marketing channels through our social media and newsletter to further your clubs outreach and promotion
Resume building experience and access to a reference and/or letter of experience from the Program Advisor, if you are an active network member
Priority access to the Global Fund to fund your club or personal initiatives
Apply to be a part of the Global Lounge
Please check back in March 2022 for applications or email firstname.lastname@example.org.