As a student, it’s pretty easy to just eat what’s most convenient and let your nutrition fall by the wayside.
But eating healthy doesn't have to take a lot of time. Check out the video below for some simple, quick ways to up the health of your everyday meals and cravings!
And read below for more detailed recipes.
Banana “nice” cream:
- Slice some bananas and freeze them for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Put them in a food processor or blender and blend until creamy! Add some milk (or non-dairy substitute) if you’re having trouble getting the right texture.
- Blend in whatever flavours you want — peanut butter, cocoa powder, cinnamon...the world is your oyster.
- Optional: pop the finished product in the freezer for a few hours to get an even more ice cream-like consistency.
Easy pasta sauce:
- Stir together ½ cup of hummus and 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Add to cooked pasta and stir to coat.
- Add reserved pasta water as needed to get the right consistency. Season to taste.
Super simple salad dressing:
- Whisk together 1 part apple cider vinegar (I usually start with roughly 2 tbsp) and 2 parts olive oil.
- Add 1 tsp of dijon mustard and stir, adding more to taste.
- Drizzle over salad.
Easy tahini sauce:
- Stir together ⅓ cup of tahini (a.k.a sesame paste—you could also use peanut butter, almond butter, etc.) and 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Optional: add garlic powder, paprika, or any other seasonings that strike your fancy.
- Drizzle over rice bowls, salads, or basically anything you have in your fridge!