Direct deposit

Direct deposit is convenient, safe and fast. Funds get deposited directly into your bank account and this is currently the only way to receive your money from a bursary, award, or scholarship.

When to set up direct deposit

  • If you have a tuition credit on file and are requesting a refund
  • If you’re expecting a bursary, award, or scholarship and may have a credit on file
  • If you're expecting funding from your US Loans

Setting up direct deposit

Before you set up direct deposit

Be extra careful when adding your banking information. Double check that your information is accurate to prevent errors and avoid delays processing your funds.

How to set up direct deposit

To set up direct deposit, you will need a chequing account at a Canadian financial institution.

  1. Log onto the Student Service Centre (SSC) and and select “Banking Details - Direct Deposit” under Finances
  2. Add the following banking information:
    1. Your financial institution’s name
    2. The institution and transit numbers
    3. The account holder’s name and bank account number 
  3. Double-check the information to make sure it's correct
  4. Once you have added this info to the SSC, you can edit or change it anytime

You can find your banking information at the bottom of your personal cheque.

Example cheque used to show where to find the transit, institution, and account number.

If you don’t have cheques, contact your financial institution for details - some financial institutions allow you to view a digital cheque through online banking

Direct deposit while on financial hold

If your SSC account is on hold, it usually means that you haven't fully paid your tuition or fees.

If you receive a bursary or award, the funds will automatically be paid toward your outstanding fees, and any amounts remaining will be deposited to your account.

You will be able to update your banking information while your account is on hold.

Contact us