Before you set up direct deposit
Be extra careful when adding your banking information. Double check that your information is accurate to prevent errors and avoid delays processing your funds.
How to set up direct deposit
To set up direct deposit, you will need a chequing account at a Canadian financial institution.
- Log onto the Student Service Centre (SSC) and and select “Banking Details - Direct Deposit” under Finances
- Add the following banking information:
- Your financial institution’s name
- The institution and transit numbers
- The account holder’s name and bank account number
- Double-check the information to make sure it's correct
- Once you have added this info to the SSC, you can edit or change it anytime
You can find your banking information at the bottom of your personal cheque.
If you don’t have cheques, contact your financial institution for details - some financial institutions allow you to view a digital cheque through online banking