Organize and manage your finances by attending free workshops run by Enrolment Services Advisors and Financial Wellness Peers. You’ll gain tools, tips, and strategies to help you be stress-free when it comes to your finances.
Financial Wellness workshops
Top reasons to attend
- Get budgeting tips for managing your finances from professional UBC staff (Enrolment Services Advisors) or trained students (Financial Wellness Peers)
- Develop a plan that fits your financial situation, whether you are a current student, just starting school, or graduating
- Learn about the financial resources and payment options available to you
- Understand how to manage your student loans before, during, and after university
Enrolment Services workshops
Attend a workshop led by Enrolment Services Advisors and ask your questions.
- Repaying student loans
Get tips for how to manage your debt load after graduation, when you have to start repaying your loans, and more.
- Managing your money
Learn more about your student expenses, what financial resources are available for you, how to make your budget, and more.
- Funding your year at UBC
Start planning your finances and get ahead for the upcoming year and learn what payment options are available to you.
- Identity theft and fraud prevention
Find out what scams to be aware of as a student and how to protect your financial information.
- Building a healthy credit history
Understand the importance of your credit history and what steps you can take to build a good credit score.
Financial Wellness Peers workshops
Get introduced to financial topics from a Financial Wellness Peer, a trained UBC student. Financial Wellness Peers can share student tips and tricks for the following topics:
- Understanding credit
Learn why it’s important to understand credit, what credit cards to choose and how to choose one, and more.
- Budgeting Tips
Explore the fundamentals of budgeting as a student and how it can help you achieve overall wellness.
Join an interactive session hosted by the Peers and the UBC Tax Assistance Clinic (TACS) where you learn the basics of how to file your taxes in the annual workshop in March.
Upcoming financial wellness workshops
If you don’t see the workshop you’re interested in or you weren’t able to attend a workshop, you can email email@example.com for access to past content and more information.
- June 23, 2021
Don’t know where to start planning your finances? Thinking about working to help fund your tuition, living costs...
- June 24, 2021
Don’t know where to start planning your finances? Considering about applying for a student loan? Thinking about...
- July 13, 20215 Tips and Tricks for navigating the Student Service Centre: understanding your fees, payment deadlines and scholarships
The Student Service Centre can be a great source of information if you know how to use it! Join Enrolment Services...
- July 26, 2021
Whether you already have a UBC or an external scholarship, or you want to apply for one, here’s what you need to...
If you have questions
If you need financial advice or have questions about your UBC account, please reach out to an Enrolment Services Advisor.