Clubs and organizations that comprise the Global Lounge network are separated into committees, each of which are responsible for organizing a particular aspect of Global Lounge programming.
The Global Lounge committees include:
- Global Fund Committee
- Marketing and Communications Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Programming Committee
- Intercultural Committee
Global Fund Committee
- Review monthly applications from students and be responsible for filling out a rubric.
- Meet monthly to discuss applications and results.
- Maintain a level of confidentiality
Approximate time commitment: Monthly meetings require 1.5 to 2 hours. Reviewing applications depends on how many are received per month (it takes approximately 15 minutes per application).
Marketing & Communications Committee
- Maintain Global Lounge communication channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, the Global Lounge newsletter, blog and website
- Assist in the creation of videos
- Create marketing materials and staff booths for events
- Maintain communication with contacts in the greater Vancouver region
- Maintain communication with campus media outlets
Approximate time commitment: Meet bi-weekly for 1.5 hours, with one hour of outside work between meetings to write a short blog and brainstorm posters.
Professional Development Committee
- Plan and coordinate student-led professional development events through Impact Series.
- Coordinate ethical engagement/advocacy activities for student clubs
- Contribute to the Global Lounge LinkedIn page by providing weekly articles or posting questions
- Plan & Coordinate other Professional Development sessions as you see fit.
Approximate time commitment: Meet bi-weekly for one hour and 1.5 additional hours work per person outside of meetings
- Arrange for events for the members of the Global Lounge network such as holiday socials and end of year events
- Plan and execute International Development Week
- Plan and manage passive programming projects that will enhance dialogue and collaboration within the space
Approximate time commitment: Meet weekly in the lead up to a specific event. Otherwise 1 to 1.5-hour meetings will occur bi-weekly. Outside work would include helping with preparation for events.
- Work with clubs to enable interfaith and/or intercultural dialogue and programming such as Global Cafés
- Meet bi-monthly to design and discuss new possible directions and programming
- Empower clubs by encouraging intercultural and interfaith exchanges within the space
Approximate time commitments for the bi-monthly meeting is 1.5-2 hours and for the programming aspect of approximately 2.5-3 hours bi-weekly.