Keep your immigration and health insurance documents up to date by completing the following important steps:
- Apply for BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) as soon as you arrive in British Columbia.
- Add the expiry date of your documents in the Reminder System on the UBC Student Service Centre.
- If your study permit has the necessary condition(s), apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN), which is required to work in Canada.
- Keep your study permit valid and remain enrolled in classes until program completion. Learn about how your enrollment impacts immigration.
- Sign up for the International Community Update newsletter.
- To avoid carrying your passport for identification, get a BCID.