Keep your immigration and health insurance documents up to date by completing the following important steps:
- Apply for your BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) as soon as you arrive in British Columbia.
- Add the expiry date of your documents in the Reminder System on the UBC Student Service Centre.
- If your study permit has the necessary condition(s), apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN), which is required to work in Canada.
- Keep your study permit valid and remain enrolled in classes until program completion:
- Visit our study permit page for information on your responsibilities as a study permit holder
- If you might apply to remain in Canada for work after graduation, consider maintaining full-time status until program completion.
- Learn how UBC defines enrolment for immigration purposes