International Student Guide
Important information and documents you're responsible for throughout your time at UBC
Get important updates about jobs, news, and events by subscribing to the Community Update newsletter and visiting our blog.
- Sign up for the Community Update newsletter
News & Updates
- Learn about federal and provincial immigration pathways to B.C.:
- Learn about US Visas:
- Mark your calendar: November 9 is the end of the eTA leniency period
- Check your email: If you have applications in progress with the IRCC (formerly "CIC"), please be sure to check your email, as you will get communication and upates about your applications and documents via email.
- Enter your document (study permits, TRV, passport etc.) expiry dates in the SSC to get email reminders for when your documents are about to expire.
Events for international students
- January 23, 2018
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE. Free. Are you currently studying at UBC and have some spare time to work? Do you know the...
- February 1, 2018
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE. Free. Internships/Co-op work opportunities through your program are a great way to integrate...
- February 6, 2018
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE. Free. Are you an international student whose spouse would like to work in Canada during your...
- February 14, 2018
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE. Free. Do you know that your study permit requires you to actively pursue studies? As an...
- February 20, 2018
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE. Free. Have an exciting upcoming job offer, required internship/co-op placement or exploring your...
If you need help with anything related to life as an international student, contact International Student Development
International Student Development
Talk to an advisor
International Student Advisors are Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) or Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs) who can help.
When emailing us, include the following information in the email:
- Your student number in the subject line
- Your name
- Your citizenship(s)
- All permit and visa expiration dates (if applicable)
- Currently in Canada (YES or NO)
- If you request specific assistance, please provide detailed information including applicable documents, such as a rejection letter